“I have kids”
Mortgage brokers could lose 75% of income as royal commission reality sets in
Independent mortgage brokers say they will be driven out of business by an impending overhaul of their industry sparked by banking royal commission recommendations.
The royal commission has advised major changes to revenue model for the industry recommending borrowers, rather than lenders such as banks, pay brokers to address concerns about perverse incentives.
Labor has said it will implement all of the royal commission’s recommendations, including those related to broking, while the coalition has agreed to ban trail commissions but not up-front fees.
The royal commission lost focus on its principal aim: to deal with the banks,” One broker said.
“I’m a one-man shop, I have kids, I have a mortgage.”
Fully story in the article below. All information taken from www.smartcompany.com.au and the story written by Matthew Elmas
The following article is taken from the ABC article link below.
Analysts had warned that the banking royal commission could make it harder for would-be home buyers to get a loan.
That ended up coming to pass as banks began cracking down on home loans last year, but it raises the question: did the final report recommend any changes that will make buying a house even more difficult?
We’ve taken a look at what the recommendations mean for home buyers.
Is it going to be even harder to get a mortgage now?
Nope. One of the big issues flagged before the royal commission started and during the inquiry was how banks assess would-be homebuyers for a loan
But since last year, the major banks and other lenders have made changes to loan applications to better verify the income and expenses of applicants to ensure they can afford to repay their debts.
So, getting a loan had already become a lot tougher before the royal commission — a move that was recognised by Commissioner Kenneth Hayne in the report as a “view to improve compliance”
OCEAN PALACE LUXURY APARTMENTS
104 Ocean Parade, Blue Bay
To be part of our VIP Launch in 2019 register your interest with us today.
Contact us to arrange your Exclusive Viewing or head below to register for more details👇
A Few Latest Offers from Westpac Bank
- 200k or 500k Velocity Points Home Loan offer: Eligible customers who buy a home Owner Occupied or Investment Property and take out a new home loan under the Premier Advantage Package will be eligible for the Velocity points Home Loan offer. Offer is valid for applications submitted between 01 October 2018 to 31 January 2019 and loans settled by 31 March 2019.
- Introducing the brand new $2,000 Refinance Rebate: Eligible customers who refinance to Westpac under the Premier Advantage Package will receive a $2,000 rebate per security.
- 3.98% p.a. Flexi First: home loan (life discount) on new Owner Occupier loans for Principal & Interest repayments.
- 2 year Fixed Rate 3.95%: Investment Property Loan (Principal & Interest) under the Premier Advantage Package.
- 3 Year Fixed Rate 3.89%: Owner Occupier Loan (Principal & Interest) under the Premier Advantage Package.
Inspect & Explore with Craig & Blake!
9/55 Dwyer Street, North Gosford
Sold & Congratulations🍾
64 Gilbert Street, LONG JETTY
Lot 1/6 Hillside Road, AVOCA BEACH
3/29-31 Keren Avenue, BERKELEY VALE
227/15 Lorraine Avenue, BERKELEY VALE
10 Scullin Place, BERKELEY VALE
Ocean Palace – Ocean Parade, BLUE BAY
9/ 59-61 Henry Parry Drive, GOSFORD
10/ 59-61 Henry Parry Drive, GOSFORD
1 Main Street, KILLARNEY VALE
94 Playford Road, KILLARNEY VALE
180 Wyong Road, KILLARNEY VALE
2/ 5 Carol Close, LAKE MUNMORAH
18 Eloora Road, LONG JETTY
16 Eloora Road, LONG JETTY
5/45-47 Surf Street, LONG JETTY
2 Sutton Avenue, LONG JETTY
3/90 Thompson Street, LONG JETTY
206 Woodbury Park Drive, MARDI
9/55 Dwyer Street, NORTH GOSFORD
5/ 9-13 Armidale Street, THE ENTRANCE
11/ 9-13 Armidale Street, THE ENTRANCE
29/ 9-13 Armidale Street, THE ENTRANCE
7/ 9-13 Armidale Street, THE ENTRANCE
18/ 9-13 Armidale Street, THE ENTRANCE
23 Third Avenue, TOUKLEY
68 Roberta Street, TUMBI UMBI
33 McGee Avenue, WAMBERAL
Lot 2/12 Wahroonga Road, WYONGAH